Monday, April 7, 2014

Birdlog #8 - 4-7-14: Another list

I went birding again with a friend, and this is what we saw:
  • 1 Turkey Vulture
  • 1 Sharp-shinned/Cooper's Hawk
  • 2 Mourning Doves
  • 1 Downy/Hairy Woodpecker (heard only)
  • 1 American Crow
  • 4 Black-capped Chickadees
  • 1 White-breasted Nuthatch
  • 8 American Robins
  • 1 European Starling
  • 1 Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored)
  • 5 Northern Cardinals
  • 1 Common Grackle
  • 4 Brown-headed Cowbirds
  • 5 House Sparrows
I organized an event called the Big Week, based on the Big Year and the Big Day. Basically the same thing, but it lasts for a week. I used a checklist by the North Central Illinois Ornithological Society (NCIOS) to count the species. I'll probably post a list of all the birds I've seen every day this week (but don't count on it).

End.

No comments:

Post a Comment